Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Recap of the first 3 days of prac ...

This first week is all observation and allows me time to prepare unit and lesson plans:

Yr.11 Modern History (Hitler and Totalitarianism)

Yr.10 Modern History (Cuba Missile Crisis)

Yr.9 SOSE (Government decision making process)

Next Tuesday, I will have a brief unit plan for all classes, lesson plans for that week and the following weeks lessons.

With the yr.9 class I need to establish strong behaviour management strategies!!!

I think I am handling things ok. The first two days were very overwhelming! Not to mention that is it "that time of the month" and I'm a little over-emotional : (

The kids at the school are very nice and friendly -- I love hearing Miss or Mrs. __!

I am very excited to be involved in helping a group of three Aboriginal yr:8 students with their English school work. They all seem to have a lot of potential and I think with my background in teaching ESL I will be of help. Having this small group of fun, talkative and excitable students this afternoon tested some of my behaviour management stratagies. Firstly, I realise how difficult it is to keep students on task on a wednesday afternoon!

I will write more when I get the chance : )

No comments: